none
MSDN blogs keep asking me to edit user info

Question

• Sorry that this is not exactly a forum related question, but since both system is closely related, see if I can raise attention of people who can fix that.

This morning, when I go to whatever MSDN blogs at blogs.msdn.com, it always ask me to login. And then after login it redirects me to edit profile page. After that, no matter I click Save or Cancel it keeps redirect me back to the Edit Profile page again.

See if anyone can figure out what happened and fix that.

Friday, September 18, 2015 1:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• It doesn't ask me to log in, but when I try to log in, it does re-direct me to Edit profile page.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, September 18, 2015 1:51 AM
  • Sorry that this is not exactly a forum related question, but since both system is closely related, see if I can raise attention of people who can fix that.

This morning, when I go to whatever MSDN blogs at blogs.msdn.com, it always ask me to login. And then after login it redirects me to edit profile page. After that, no matter I click Save or Cancel it keeps redirect me back to the Edit Profile page again.

See if anyone can figure out what happened and fix that.

Update: This is happening for me also. I didn't realize that since I am already signed on that I was not signed on at the blog website. And I selected sign in and was redirected to my profile.

The other day all Forums for MSDN were malfunctioning in that the threads were out of order and not updating even though new threads in different Forums had been added.

Update2: Happens in both I.E. and Chrome.

La vida loca

Friday, September 18, 2015 1:53 AM
  • There's a contact form here that you can use to report this issue:

https://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/mailform/contactus.aspx?refurl=http://blogs.msdn.com/

Friday, September 18, 2015 3:08 AM
  • Thank. Reported and see when they can fix it.
    Friday, September 18, 2015 4:34 AM
  • Oh, seems they have fixed it now. :)
    Friday, September 18, 2015 4:35 AM
  • For about 7 hours I was not able to access the TechNet Wiki. Every page I tried was redirected to edit my profile. Must have been the same problem. A few hours ago I was able to access the Wiki, and I saw a 7 hour gap in reported activity on the Wiki home page.

At the time I tried the forums, blogs, and the TechNet Gallery, and they all seemed fine to me. I was already authenticated, so that might have made a difference. In the blogs I was not authenticated, but I did not attempt to login there. I tried the Wiki on two different computers with no luck, until about 6 hours ago.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, September 18, 2015 1:29 PM