none
Deleted files on the right are not replaces in Echo mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using SyncToy 2.0 in Echo mode. What I have is a master copy on the left that I need copied to the right.

The right side is where people will be using these files.

The problem I have is that sometimes people will delete files or folders from the right, but SyncToy will not copy the file from the left to the right why?  I have run SyncToy several times after it still does not recognize that there is difference. 

sicne I have about 20 differnt folders on the right that are all syncnozing of one master folder i can not keep cheking to see if people deleted files.

I am assuming this is a bug. Is this known? Is it going to get fixed? I really need this feature to work.  I will be happy to even if every time I did sync it copied all the files over again.

I just need the right side to always be a mirror of the left. Maybe  i am using het wrong program is there another progrman that can just mirror folders and subfolders.

this is a example of what happens

Left                                                                       Right

Contains 4 files

Contains 4 files

Contains 4 files  

Two files are delete by mistake

Sync is done

The files are not copied over

Monday, June 2, 2008 4:58 PM

Answers

• here is the short Explanation for Echo:

"New and updated files are copied left to right. Renames and deletes on the left are repeated on the right."

it will always play a left to right way. But If right side update happens later than left side. the file will not be synced left to right.And after delete, if you update 2 and 3 , it will be copied from left to right .

Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:48 AM

All replies

• I'm having the very same problem. I tried troubleshooting without any luck. For instance, IF I delete the SyncToy .dat file and all the files in the Right folder, THEN re-running SyncToy will copy/echo all the files correctly Left-to-Right BUT future syncing has the very same failure that ArashK mentions. 

I'm running SyncToy 2.0 under XP SP2. The Left folder is on a network, the Right folder is on the XP desktop computer at work. Set to Echo.

(If it matters . . . The Left folder is originally written to from a Vista machine at home with SyncToy 2.0; it is the "Right" folder of a Left-to-Right Echo sync. I'm using my home Vista machine is the Master source of these files, synced to a network folder, then synched to my office desktop.)

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 6:23 PM
  • here is the short Explanation for Echo:

"New and updated files are copied left to right. Renames and deletes on the left are repeated on the right."

it will always play a left to right way. But If right side update happens later than left side. the file will not be synced left to right.And after delete, if you update 2 and 3 , it will be copied from left to right .

Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:48 AM