2 same E-mails in Support Queue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

We have a queue set up for support staff with email Support@mycompany.com in our CRM 2011 on-premise with latest rollup 18.

Whenever our internal staff send email to this address, it creates 2 same emails in queue. When I checked the records, one email has status of 'Sent' and second has 'Received'. My understanding is, this is due to the setting in Administration area where a checkbox ask 'Track email sent between CRM users as two activity' which we have ticked.

my question is, how to stop 2 same email coming into the queue with above checkbox ticked as support team has to manually remove this queue item daily which is time consuming.

Thanks in advance.

-CT

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 8:39 PM

All replies

• Hello Experts,

Is there anyone who has experience on this ?

Thanks,

-CT

Sunday, December 7, 2014 9:05 PM
  • Any one ? This is important for us.

Thanks,

-CT

Friday, December 12, 2014 12:25 AM
  • Hello Experts,

We are addressing this problem again and not able to find solutions.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

-CT

Sunday, March 8, 2015 11:31 PM
  • I think you have have to change the setting in order to get one email

Regards Faisal

Monday, March 9, 2015 10:09 AM
  • Thanks Faisal for your input. We tried that but somehow changing setting stopped email to come into the Queue. Which was very strange. Reverting back the setting and email start coming into the queue again so we are locked in this situation.

We have set up incoming email access type of Queue to forward email and outgoing to e-mail router.

Regards,

-CT

Monday, March 9, 2015 8:18 PM
  • you could try to add a plugin that executes on create of email activity. In this plugin you can check the from/to and direction code and throw exception when you do not want email activity.

regards

Jithesh

Monday, March 9, 2015 10:02 PM
  • Hi Jithesh,

Thanks for your reply. We are aware of this option but wanted to keep this feature code free as much as possible because there are lots of other plugins and custom workflows around e-mail activity entity.

Regards,

-CT

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:38 PM