Event Log Littered with Email Router Errors (#27938) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm experiencing this issue in multiple environments of CRM 2011 and Email Router. The event log is constantly being littered with the same errors over and over and I've found nothing that addresses it.

The error reads #27938 - An error occurred while checking for e-mail messages to process in mailbox nnn@nnnnn.nnn. Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Invalid mail. Expected header items not found - possibly draft item or other type of item forwarded to this mailbox

UPDATE: Error only related to emails from 3 user accounts

ALSO: Email Router is causing the Windows Service lsass.exe to consistently consume 20-50% CPU utilization. If the Email Router service is stopped, lsass.exe CPU utilization drops back to normal levels.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

• Edited by DavidCRM Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:49 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:38 PM

Answers

• This issue is caused by an email that has a "TimeSent" or "MessageId" that is either null or empty.

You should be able to identify this message(s) fairly easily by adding the "Sent" column to your view in outlook, then sort by "Sent".  You should find some emails with a sent value of "None".

You can delete these problematic messages or move them to a different folder.

You can also look at creating rules that prevent these messages from reaching the mailboxes of CRM Users/Queues/ForwardMailboxes, etc...

Thanks,
    Jus

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:34 AM

All replies

• Hi 

Any idea What version of Exchange you using?

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:42 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:28 PM
  • I am having the same exact issue at a client site.  Has anyone found a resolution/workaround for this?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

kwydra

• Proposed as answer by Justin Thorp Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:23 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Justin Thorp Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:23 AM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:10 PM
  • This issue is caused by an email that has a "TimeSent" or "MessageId" that is either null or empty.

You should be able to identify this message(s) fairly easily by adding the "Sent" column to your view in outlook, then sort by "Sent".  You should find some emails with a sent value of "None".

You can delete these problematic messages or move them to a different folder.

You can also look at creating rules that prevent these messages from reaching the mailboxes of CRM Users/Queues/ForwardMailboxes, etc...

Thanks,
    Jus

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:34 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion but the solution is impractical given the size of our user base.
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:23 PM
  • if the error is related to 3 user accounts, then maybe you can have each of the users check their email.  I think Justin's suggestion is good if you need a solution.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:40 PM
  • Understood but I guess I have to get used to what a "solution" is on these forums lol. How does this "solution" rectify the issue going forward if/when more user accounts are affected and/or more messages? This also means the burden is placed on the user to continually monitor the event log, which I would never implement as any solution for a client.

The bottom line is that it's a "band-aid" because it doesn't address the real problem of the Email Router not handling this scenario but I understand that it satisfies the need to mark the issue as "Answered"  ;-)

Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:08 PM
  • Your points are all well taken and thanks for the opportunity to respond.

The primary purpose of the forum is for the user community to help other users.  Forum participants are volunteers who try to provide solutions based on their experience and expertise with the product.  The forum is not a place where we can address what we might consider to be design issues, 'bugs', suggestions for improvement, etc. 

The best channel for product suggestions, enhancements, design changes, etc is the Connect site.  You can post suggestions there and have people vote for them.  You can also search for suggestions you want to support and vote for them.

If you believe you've found a bug in the software or an issue, and by issue I mean something is not working as documented, then the best place to report that is Microsoft Support.

I hope this information is helpful.  Have a good day.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:59 PM
  • Was there ever an official fix for this? I am having the exact same problem as the OP.
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:41 PM