Subreport Default Filter - CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• My report have just stopped showing the subreport data (after 30 days).

I have checked and cleared all parent and subreport default filters (modified last 30 days), no luck.

The report is showing the subreport data in Visual Studio. There are no issues with newly created  records(within 30 days)

Looks like there is a 30days filter kicking in for the subreport from some where. It works if I run the subreport independently in CRM by passing the parameter.

It wont display the data through the parent report.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:15 PM

Answers

• Finally I figured a way to get around. I have removed my auto filtering in my subreport by removing CRMAF_  from the query.

This has disabled the prefiltering of the subreport. My parent report has auto filtering and the subreport exactly works on the parent filtering.

• Marked as answer by Shiju H Thursday, September 1, 2011 6:49 PM
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 6:49 PM

All replies

• I think you have to specify that the pre-filter parameter (e.g. CRMAF_FilteredOpportunity) in the sub-report is populated from the value in the parent report. You do this via the Parameters property of the SubReport element on the parent report.

check :

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/microsoft/CRM-Developer/33319520/pass-down-prefilter-to-subreports.aspx

Mohit Agrawal
    • Proposed as answer by Agrawal Mohit Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:25 PM
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:31 PM
  • I am just wondering whether I need to do all these things to make my subeport data showing.

As I have stated the subreport data shows if I modify the subreport record (as it changes the modified date) and works perfect for all newly created records.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:32 PM
  • Finally I figured a way to get around. I have removed my auto filtering in my subreport by removing CRMAF_  from the query.

This has disabled the prefiltering of the subreport. My parent report has auto filtering and the subreport exactly works on the parent filtering.

• Marked as answer by Shiju H Thursday, September 1, 2011 6:49 PM
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 6:49 PM