Importing account details

• I have laptop with two major partitions. Drive C: contains the OS and installed programs etc and Drive D: contains all my data

I have been using Windows Live Mail for some time and I have never had any problems with it.

However a few days ago I had very serious problems with Windows 8.1 so I backed up all my data from Dive D: and all my emails and account details.

After rebuilding the hdd by removing all partitions on the HDD, re-creating the partitions, formatting and then doing a clean installation of Windows 10 on Drive C: and transferring all my data back onto Drive D: I set about up Live mail again. Before attempting to set up an account I tried to restore the account details from those i save earlier but this failed with an error message telling me that an account of that name already exist.

This is not true as no other accounts have been set up and the clean install would have removed all the old accounts from Drive C:

I can only assume that there is something on drive D: that is confusing the program.

Can anyone offer me a solution to this problem.

I can of course just set up the account again manually but this should not be necessary.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:36 PM