product key RRS feed

• Question

•  

I bought an hp desktop computer lest than a year ago with genuine built in Vista Home Basic. Everything was fine since then until yesterday... My Vista block my access by saying that the existing vista product key was not valid. The hp technical guy said that i need to reload the vista . How to reload if the the installation disk is in the hard disk ? do I have  "buy" another product key.... is this in the agreement? How do i get back my product key
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 3:27 AM

Answers

•  

corkshell,

Your issue appears to be outside the scope of the Genuine Advantage forum. In an attempt to assist I would like to provide some information which may help. Recovery CD’s are specific to your computer manufacturer. Please contact your manufacturer for assistance. They should be able to assist with your request and/or questions. Since the telephone number and web sites are not maintained by Microsoft we cannot make any warranty as to their validity.

HP Website and phone number:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1818343&lang=en&docname=bph07143

800-474-6836

Lori MS

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 6:44 PM

All replies

•  

corkshell,

Your issue appears to be outside the scope of the Genuine Advantage forum. In an attempt to assist I would like to provide some information which may help. Recovery CD’s are specific to your computer manufacturer. Please contact your manufacturer for assistance. They should be able to assist with your request and/or questions. Since the telephone number and web sites are not maintained by Microsoft we cannot make any warranty as to their validity.

HP Website and phone number:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1818343&lang=en&docname=bph07143

800-474-6836

Lori MS

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 6:44 PM
  • Lots of luck, I had to go through a clean install.  I bought a computer with vista basic factory installed.  Had to upgrade to  vista ultimate to use my work software, upgraded via windows marketplace.  Everything went just fine for about 5 months then it all came apart.  One morning without warning windows wireless services ceased working.  After findng out the only solution to my problem was a clean install I backed-up my files and began the process.  Reinstalled vista basic no problem (factory had attached product key to notebook).  When I tried to reinstall my ultimate upgrade, big problems.  As I had no product key in the disc they sent me, I called to get mine.  I was told by windows marketplace that they use many different vendors to process their sales and they woudl be would be unable to assist me and they actually suggested I find my card statement, call my card company for the resellers info and then I might be able to get it (MIGHT).  Well so far no luck.  Anyone reading please BEWARE BUYING ANYTHING FROM MICROSOFT, after my 15 years of loyalty to their company and products this is how I am treated.  I can even see the liscences in my windows marketplace account, and I cannot get any help from them.  I wasted 6 hours today on the phone trying to resolve this with them and have now come to the end of my rope.  In the future I will be trying to buy anything from Apple I can since they still value their customers, besides as it turns out everything everyone said about vista was true its a nightmare and microsoft evidently has no desire to support even their new products without receiving massively overprices tech support fees. 

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:01 PM