Is it possible to take a Microsoft Dynamics training without real world ERP experience? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am extremely sorry if i post this thread in a wrong category. But, you can move it to the appropriate category where you see fit.

I have over 10 years of technical experience in the IT industry. Managing servers and network devices are the normal daily routine tasks that i do for 11 years. I am in my 35th year of my age and i got bored from being a jack of all trades as i don't feel my career is growing. With the rapid evolution of this industry, i think it's time to focus on something and be a subject matter expert. It's not that easy as i expected. I thought about 2 things: 1) information security world. or 2) ERP world. Both worlds are very difficult to break into because someone needs at least  4 years of experience in each domain.

My questions are:

1) If i take a classroom course in MS Dynamics, does it help for getting an ERP job?

2) If i take a classroom course in MS Dynamics, which dynamics to learn? (e.g AX, GP, NAV, CRM,..etc)

3) Because i am an IT technical guy (not financial, logistics, or payroll), why do i need to learn a functional module? (Employers demand an IT candidate to know at least one functional module besides a technical module but i am not sure why)

4) Which technical modules to learn?

Appreciate your help.

Thank You

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is not so easy to learn any ERP when you have not experience. But, if you are technical guy, I suppose to start with some development training.

Now, some advices:

AX is to hard for learning if you have not any ERP knowledge.

If you are from Europe, try with NAV. If you are from US, try with GP (or NAV).

CRM is not ERP. But, if you want it, you can also try with Dynamics CRM.

I am sure that some course will not help you so much to get a ERP job. Except courses, you have to learn and train it more and more. Some company will employee you only if you have some knowledge, not course (or exam).

You have to know some functional modules, because you can not be only technical guy in ERP software, because ERP is not IT; ERP is software for business processes.

If you need advice where to go on some good course, you must tell me where you living.

Saturday, November 22, 2014 8:45 PM