Method not found: 'Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SyncException RRS feed

• Question

• When I call syncAgent.synchrinize I get this error with this message:

Method not found: 'Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SyncException Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SyncExpt.AnotherSyncInProgressError(System.String, System.String)'

I am using SyncFramework 2.1 and have verified that the following dll's are loaded at runtime:

Microsoft.Synchronization     2.1
    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data    3.1
    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.Server  3.1
    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServer 3.1
    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe 3.5

I don't understand why this is happening as Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe 3.5 is supposed to work with Microsoft.Synchronization  2.1.

Does 2.1 only work with syncOrchestrator ?

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 1:27 PM

Answers

• try this, instead of referencing Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe 3.5, try referencing Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe 3.1 instead
    • Marked as answer by PapaStoke Tuesday, June 5, 2012 4:01 PM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 3:21 PM

All replies

• AnotherSyncInProgressError is actually inside Microsoft.Synchronization

am not sure why it's saying Method not found, but based on the error its trying to raise, do you have an ongoing sync while trying to initiate another sync session?

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 1:40 PM
  • No there is not another sync running.  I startup the host process which has the ServerSyncProvider and then a client in seperate process.  The client creates a syncAgent and then tries syncAgent.Synchronize and I hit this error. 

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 1:50 PM
  • so you have an n-tier setup via WCF? or are you trying to do sync across processes?

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 2:06 PM
  • n-tier wtih WCF

My old version used the localCache wizard. I like the idea of using the SqlSyncAdapterBuilder as it seems to offer me more control and my code is cleaner.  Within this solution I have a testServerHost project and testClient project and they successfully connect using WCF. 

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 2:25 PM
  • the error is actually on the client side sqlceclientsyncprovider's begintransaction while creating a mutex...

does it occur even if you restart or logoff the client machine just to ensure there are no orphaned processes running? an exception that another sync is in progress is normally encountered when you try to call synchronize while another one is ongoing, especially in multi-threaded apps...

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 2:54 PM
  • I tried rebooting but got the same error :(

In another thread (http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/syncdevdiscussions/thread/4fdab7cc-c343-476c-80b8-b84254c227ac) this guy got this error from mismatched versions.  This led me to believe that the error might not be directly related to anotherSync in progress

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 3:14 PM
  • try this, instead of referencing Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe 3.5, try referencing Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe 3.1 instead
    • Marked as answer by PapaStoke Tuesday, June 5, 2012 4:01 PM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 3:21 PM
  • That moved much further.  I need to work what I think is a WCF timeout now.

Do you know why/how this fixed the problem?

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 4:01 PM
  • if you have your wcf settings in the config file, just adjust the values there. or you can adjust it in code as well, just locate where you instantiate the client side proxy...
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 4:34 PM
  • Sorry, I didn't mean my WCF issue, I meant changing to Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe 3.1.  Do you know why this fixed my problem?
    • Edited by PapaStoke Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:16 PM clarify question
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 4:51 PM