Download progressbar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    Have I missed something or is there  way to see a progress of a file download? For example if I have a big file that is beeing downloaded, it would be nice to know if it is 50% complet or 99%. I was looking for something like I have in Groove.

Björn Axell MVP - Advisec AB
    http://blog.advisec.com
    Sunday, February 1, 2009 7:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Björn,

There is a general progress indicator of overall file upload / download status in the device menu during upload and download. You can see the status by clicking on the "devices" icon of the mesh notifier or the explorer status bar of a mesh folder.

Unfortunately this indicator can sometimes be a little basic, not providing detailing information. There is in fact a suggestion that includes this feature request which you can vote on here.

Cheers,

Oren
    Monday, February 2, 2009 12:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Björn,

There is a general progress indicator of overall file upload / download status in the device menu during upload and download. You can see the status by clicking on the "devices" icon of the mesh notifier or the explorer status bar of a mesh folder.

Unfortunately this indicator can sometimes be a little basic, not providing detailing information. There is in fact a suggestion that includes this feature request which you can vote on here.

Cheers,

Oren
    Monday, February 2, 2009 12:30 AM
  • Hi,
    Thanks for the information. Can you explain in more detail where I can see the progress info, I don't find it:-(

Björn Axéll MVP - Advisec AB
    http://blog.advisec.com
    Monday, February 2, 2009 6:24 PM
  • Hi Björn,

To find the general progress bar, do the following:

1. hover over the live mesh icon, until the action window comes up
    2. click the "view devices" icon (the screen)
    3. You'll see a list of devices, including the Live Desktop. The progress bar will then be attached to the machine that is doing the work (for example uploading). You can see the same progress bar in the sidebar of the folder that you are uploading from. I've attached a screenshot below (this is the sidebar of a folder uploading from "Work" to the mesh - the arrow indicates the direction of the traffic flow):

Hope that helps,

Oren
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 12:32 AM