Is there a way to export a list of Duplicate Contact Records in CRM 2011 or even create a report of Duplicate Contact records for Printing? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Is there a way to export a list of Duplicate Contact Records in CRM 2011 or even create a report of Duplicate Contact records for Printing?

Thanks
    Dave

David Kelly

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:38 PM

Answers

• Try this
    select firstname,lastname, count(*)
    from filteredcontact
    group by firstname,lastname
    having count(*)>1
    using filteredcontact assuming that you will run as administrator(full data access). If not use contact instead of filteredcontact as it gives data for the logged-in user only.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Marked as answer by David J Kelly Friday, November 15, 2013 10:41 AM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

did you check following link ?

http://www.powerobjects.com/blog/2012/03/01/scheduling-duplicate-detection-in-dynamics-crm-2011/

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:42 PM
  • Hi Vikram,

Thanks but this doesn't answer my question. I want to produce a list of all duplicates in the system. I know i can use the tool but you can only look at a page of duplicates at a time. Not very user friendly and especially not for reporting purposes.

Thanks

Dave

David Kelly

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:52 PM
  • Dave,

Here is a tool that you can try. You can use this tool if you are using the duplicate detection job. I haven't used it so would run on a test environment and keep a tab on the queries that are getting executed. Would prefer to run the queries directly instead of creating a stored proc.

Alternatively, you can create an SSRS report that queries the filteredcontact view to report the duplicates. Would recommend this approach if you can write some SQL.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Vasu100ind Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:29 AM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:02 PM
  • Hi Thanks for this. I want to find those contact records where given name and last name is the same. Can you write the SQL for me for that? I am not a programmer. Thanks Dave

David Kelly

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:58 PM
  • Try this
    select firstname,lastname, count(*)
    from filteredcontact
    group by firstname,lastname
    having count(*)>1
    using filteredcontact assuming that you will run as administrator(full data access). If not use contact instead of filteredcontact as it gives data for the logged-in user only.

• Marked as answer by David J Kelly Friday, November 15, 2013 10:41 AM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:11 PM
  • Hello Mamatha,

Can you please advise, how can we use this tool? I oped the Zip and I see the files with SQL queries. Where apply these?

I have a huge database of almost 10 M records. There is a custom field that holds the Record ID that we use to Identify the record. For some reasons, there are so many records which <g class="gr_ gr_18 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="18" id="18">has</g> the same ID, which is not correct. I need get all those records and update the in CRM back with the Valid IDs. Please advise if you have any solution for this. 

Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:36 AM