How do I get my citation and publication visualization to update? RRS feed

• Question

• It appears that the visualization of my publications and citations over time has not been updated for a year or more.  Doesn't it update automatically?  If not, how do I get it to update?
    Sunday, March 10, 2013 3:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

The content in Microsoft Academic Search is based on the tens of millions of publications already indexed. As we index more content, which we're actively working on, accuracy and completeness will improve. If you'd like to add publications to your author profile, you are welcome to do so. To learn more, see Adding publications in our Help Documentation.

Please let us know if we can assist further.

Best regards,

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Monday, March 11, 2013 6:42 PM
  • Hello Ioan,

Thanks for contacting us, and providing your feedback. Publications can be added to Microsoft Academic Search by end users like yourself; however, citations come from content indexed by us. As more content gets indexed, the accuracy and completeness of citations will continue to improve.

Best regards,

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

The content in Microsoft Academic Search is based on the tens of millions of publications already indexed. As we index more content, which we're actively working on, accuracy and completeness will improve. If you'd like to add publications to your author profile, you are welcome to do so. To learn more, see Adding publications in our Help Documentation.

Please let us know if we can assist further.

Best regards,

Monday, March 11, 2013 6:42 PM
  • My profile also doesn't seem to be adding new citations. Even new papers over the last year or two, I had to manually add. But the thing that bugs me the most is that the citations are not updating. If I look at my Google Scholar profile, I see an increasing # of citations. I understand that Google and Microsoft index perhaps different online publications, but I would expect the trends to be similar. Notice that Google reports an increasing trend for citations per year from 2010 - 2013. Microsoft reports the citations counts drop from 2010 to 2013 to virtually 0 citations a year. Do I need to do anything to enable the citation updates?

Thanks,

Ioan Raicu

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:43 PM
  • Hello Ioan,

Thanks for contacting us, and providing your feedback. Publications can be added to Microsoft Academic Search by end users like yourself; however, citations come from content indexed by us. As more content gets indexed, the accuracy and completeness of citations will continue to improve.

Best regards,

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:52 PM