Daily Virus Scan Has Not Happened ... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone, First time poster. Just wonder if you can help with a problem thats cropped up tonight. I have my onecare daily virus scan set to run at 23.00, which it has done without fail, until tonight, where it hasn't. Just wondered if anybody had any idea why it would decide not to scan this evening?

Thanks in advance, Gary
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 10:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Further to this, I thought if onecare didnt perform a daily scan on a certain day at a certain time, it would be performed when the computer was next turned on. This hasn't happened for me, as i still have the last scan as the First of April, even though my computer was on at the usual scan time yesterday
    Friday, April 3, 2009 11:42 AM
  • I don't know why the scan would not have occurred as scheduled, but I'd first reboot the machine to see if the scheduler has simply died. If the scan still does not occur as scheduled, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, April 3, 2009 3:34 PM
  • It's failed to occur for a the second night in a row. It performed a tune up (including a full virus scan) at 2pm, but the scheduled quick scan for 23.00 hours hasn't happened. Sorry to ask again, but I'm in the UK, how do i access our support?
    Friday, April 3, 2009 10:14 PM
  • You access support in the UK the same way as in other supported countries - the path to support is outlined in the FAQ. I do believe that phone support is not 24x7 in the UK, though. I believe you will need to contact them on Monday.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Sunday, April 5, 2009 4:06 PM