none
Windows Live Messenger Error 81000490 Can't Login?

Question

• I have been using windows 7 Ultimate for about 6 months now. About a month ago I started getting error code 81000490 when I tried to login to my account. Then I tried the solution provided by Microsoft like deleting the contact file. and reinstalling WLM. Deleting the contact file and then when I try to login it worked for like a week. But now It doesnt work. So I Uninstalled WLM and Reinstalled again. For a try I installed WLM 2009. By using that I could login from my account but when I try from WLM 2011 I get the same error. But I can login from other MSN accounts. I have no idea now why this is happening. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    Friday, May 27, 2011 12:54 PM

All replies

• This forum is for a blog software called Windows Live Writer. For help in Windows Live messenger, visit windowslivehelp.com.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:57 PM
  • I'm having a similar problem and the error code: 81000490

Bing pointed me to this thread, but obviously there's no answer here.

Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:43 AM
  • Strange, bing should point you to the Windows Live Messenger solution page first, at least it did for me.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:57 AM