MS CRM 3.0-Bulk Import RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing problem in the Bulk Import. When i  try to import a .csv or .txt file  to the CRM application,it imports only the first 15 records.

The same happens when i try to import Leads/Accounts/Contacts.It shows the rest of the records as failures with reason 'Number of columns does not match with the header rows'

Please help me out in this.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 7:53 AM

Answers

• Hi all,

i found the solution in one of the blogs

When you save an file in Excel 2003 as csv, it does the saving correct for the first records. Then after about 15 rows it starts to leave away the last splitter signs if the columns are empty! That does indeed end up in the error as shown above. The solution is to move one of the columns which does have data for all records in there, to the last column. Then again export the file to csv and do the import. You should now be able to import the records as expected.

Thanks !

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 7:07 AM

All replies

• The most likely problem is that one or more records have either a comma (or whatever delimiter you use) in them, or they do not have the full number of fields

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:30 AM
  • check your csv file , might be in some row, there is coma (,) mentioned , so it increase header records.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:37 AM
  •  

or mabey you saved wrong data , like you saved a string type and you want to exported on integer attripute
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:42 AM
  • hi,

i dont understand where the comma will come.

I first converted the file into .csv file and in that comma wont come anywhere.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:11 AM
  • Hi Imran,

Yesterday i could import more than 1000 records without any issues.I checked the records.But today when i tried to import the same data again,it is again importing just 15 records.I cant understand why the application is showing this kind of inconsistency.Please suggest a solution for this.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 5:01 AM
  • Hi all,

i found the solution in one of the blogs

When you save an file in Excel 2003 as csv, it does the saving correct for the first records. Then after about 15 rows it starts to leave away the last splitter signs if the columns are empty! That does indeed end up in the error as shown above. The solution is to move one of the columns which does have data for all records in there, to the last column. Then again export the file to csv and do the import. You should now be able to import the records as expected.

Thanks !

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 7:07 AM