Adding more actions to the "more actions" drop-down RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to be able to add options to the "more actions" drop down.  Specifically, in the advanced find results dialog, I would like to be able to multi-select returned records and assign them to a custom entity that has a N to 1 relationship with the returned result record type.  Does anyone have any pointers on how to do this?

Thanks
    Dan
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 9:23 PM

Answers

• As pointed out by "mardukes", you will add the additional action option via ISV customization.  And you can create a custom html page and/or aspx page to implement your business logic.  First, you need a way to capture the GUIDs of selected records, here is a link with instructions to do this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc150860.aspx   
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 6:26 AM

All replies

• You mean an N to 1 relationship?

Doing something with multi-selected records sounds like a workflow.  The problem is with the 1.  You have to present another selection to the user to determine which of the custom entity records is to be blessed with the selected set.  I haven't seen that sort of interlaced functionality.  This calls for a call to lookup.  I'm pretty sure you can't go modal from an asynchronous process.

There was a thread on here recently on how to tie a workflow or plugin to a button.  I'm guessing the more actions menu can be augmented via the ISV.config.  But I still don't know how you go about stipulating the 1.  It has to be a whole 'nother page.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010 9:53 PM
  • As pointed out by "mardukes", you will add the additional action option via ISV customization.  And you can create a custom html page and/or aspx page to implement your business logic.  First, you need a way to capture the GUIDs of selected records, here is a link with instructions to do this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc150860.aspx   
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 6:26 AM