MCSA 12 or MCSA 16 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi

Looking for a bit of advice.  

Im a support engineer doing windows 7 + 10 and Sccm 2012

looking to add to my knowledge is it better to do MCSA 12 or straight to MCSA  then onto cloud platform with Vmware

Thank you

Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:50 PM

All replies

• Hi, If you haven't taken and passed any W2K12 exams passed already, I'd personally look at the W2K16 MCSA. Also depends what O/S versions you currently support. If you're mainly running W2K12 and don't plan to migrate for a few years - W2K12 extended support ends 2023 - then gaining MCSA W2K12 would give you valuable skills and knowledge to help support what you currently have. At a later date you could take the one exam to upgrade to MCSA W2K16. If you have previous certs you might be able to upgrade to either MCSA W2K12 or W2K16 - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/windows-server-certification.aspx. I gained my MCSA W2K12 last year and was going to go for VCP-DCA, but with high VMware license costs of my current environment and as Hyper-V is maturing I've decided to hold off on this in case at a later date we decide to replace VMware with Hyper-V. Hope this helps.
    Thursday, May 4, 2017 10:37 PM
  • Hi 
    According to this conversation, I am getting that you want to do MCSA course & you are confused that how can you do? If I am right so I would like to tell that there are many reputed training institutes are located. I know one of the best Mircosoft training center which name is Koenig Solutions. They offer Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA: Windows Server 2016. So don't waste your time & visit the Koenig Solutions. 
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:53 AM