QuestionAnswer Activity Incomplete Timeout RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have QuestionAnswer Activity, where i'm asking user to enter his 10 digit phone number on keypad. The problem I'm expierecing right now, that when user has delay between entering digits ~ more then 3 sec, it thinks that it not matching to grammar and give me main prompt again.

I tried to set IncompleteTimeout property = 10 sec, but it doesn't matter and still reprompt me after 3 sec of delay

I have Dynamic grammar assigned in turn starting
    My Grammar is:

private static SrgsDocument CreateSrgsDocument()

{

SrgsDocument grammar = new SrgsDocument();

grammar.Mode = SrgsGrammarMode.Dtmf;

SrgsRule rule = new SrgsRule("top");

SrgsItem item = new SrgsItem();

SrgsOneOf choice = new SrgsOneOf("1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "0");

item.Add(choice);

item.SetRepeat(10);

rule.Add(item);

grammar.Rules.Add(rule);

grammar.Root = rule;

return grammar;

}

Anyone has any sugestions?

Thanks,

Marina

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 1:05 AM

Answers

• For that grammar you should try adjusting the InterDigitTimeout on the DtmfRecognizer before you start Dtmf recognition.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 2:51 AM

All replies

• Its actually GetAndConfirm Activity, but other then that everything is correct in previous post

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 1:22 AM
  • For that grammar you should try adjusting the InterDigitTimeout on the DtmfRecognizer before you start Dtmf recognition.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 2:51 AM
  •  

Thanks, adjusting to 5 sec solving the problem(by default its 3 sec). I'm not  sure only in which event I should set this property, so its only reflect InterDigitTimeout for my GetAnConfirmActivity and not all other activities.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008 10:00 PM
  • If you only want it to apply during the execution of the GetAndConfirm, set it to 5 seconds in the Executing event handler and set it back to the default in the Closed event handler.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 11:21 PM