off topic - Connecting xbox live account to PC RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I just bought a game for the PC called Universe at War.  I have an account on my xbox 360 that I would like bring onto my PC so I can get achievements for the game.  The thing is when I type my windows live email and password it goes to the "downloading profile, may take a few minutes" screen and then just stop after a few seconds and gives me an error message 0X80151909.  I went through all the error message help items and there isn't one for my error message.  I tried completely stoping my local wired connection while leaving my wireless connection on.  Nothing seems to be working at all.  I don't know if it is because I am using a wireless laptop Dell XP or what.  The requirements have all been met for the connection and the game.  I must also note that when I installed the game it downloaded the patch for it automatically.  I don't know what is going on.  PLEASE HELP!!!!  I was also wanting to get halo 2 PC and Gears of War PC but if I can't connect to my account then I refuse to buy them.
    Sunday, December 23, 2007 2:59 AM

All replies

• You need to call 1-800-4myxbox or visit xbox Forums This is Windows live One Care they can't help You here. Also You need to visit Games For Windows Support

Please Note it's Christmas Holiday Season Xbox Live servers are starting to get really really busy with gamers the account server is over Whelmed please be Patient. Xbox live is having lots of issues with sign in this might be your primary problem.

The error you mention is a common one with xbox live you need to visit the above info.

Sunday, December 23, 2007 12:59 PM
  • Thank you very much for the info.  It is a matter of fact that before I looked at your reply to my question I tried signing in again and this time it was the update so I will give the solutions you gave me a try.  Thank you so much.

Monday, December 24, 2007 8:35 PM