Activation error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I also got a brand new Dell machine and can not activate Vista thru internet, but okay if call in to activate.

I found that the following Product ID and last 3 sets of Product Key is the same as "slingshotAJ"

Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7332157-00204

Windows Product Key: **********F4GJK-KG77H-B9HD2

My question is:

1.  Is my product key exactly the same as "slingshotAJ"?

2.  Why can't activate thru internet but okay when calling in?

3.  Is failure due to not entering the Office product key prior to OS activation?  Office is a preinstalled trial verion.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 5:23 PM

Answers

• Because this forum is dedicated to validation issues, you’ll need to contact outside support for the expertise necessary to troubleshoot your activation issue.  You can do so by posting or searching in the Vista pubic newsgroups, found here: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx or by following this link to Product Support Services.  Microsoft has a 90 day free support period that starts on the day you first acquire Vista. 

If you bought your computer pre-installed with Vista either from a computer store or an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) like Dell or Gateway, you’ll need to contact them for support.

Thank you!

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 6:15 PM