Error 0x80004005 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I am getting the above error whilst trying to use my new product key to validate.

Can you help please!Diagnostic Report (1.5.0555.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid Product Key
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-THB39-7QK3K-44WJG
    Windows Product Key Hash: GrMWoQ/qBIB60Zd3odc1SN4gscQ=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-640-6412906-23112
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 892d0a94-2f4d-439f-9bea-42290d7de1ba
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.708.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

System Scan Data-->
    Scan: Complete
    Cryptography: Complete

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 8
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.540.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>892d0a94-2f4d-439f-9bea-42290d7de1ba</UGUID><Version>1.5.0555.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-44WJG</PKey><PID>55274-640-6412906-23112</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-823518204-507921405-839522115</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Time Computers</Manufacturer><Model>MS-6712</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>Version 07.00T</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20010402000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>73B63DAF0184205B</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57017</Pid></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Monday, October 23, 2006 4:28 PM

Answers

• An Invalid Product Key is one that was illegally generated by a non-Microsoft Product Key Generator.  As a consequence, your Windows XP installation is deemed non-genuine since it was never issued by Microsoft.

In order to resolve your non-genuine licensing issue, please visit: www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on "Validate Windows". When validation fails, you'll see a button to click on (Get Genuine) which will provide information on your options which include how to acquire a WGA Kit.

Also, your copy of Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition is non-genuine (Legit Result: 114). You'll need to uninstall it, then visit a nearby store that sells computer software and purchase a genuine version of Microsoft Office.

Monday, October 23, 2006 6:49 PM
  • sianypops,

The current Product Key being used on your system is non-genuine for one of two reasons:

- The key was made using a non-Microsoft sanctioned Key Generator

- The key was reported lost or stolen from the original purchaser.

Can you verify that your COA matches your Product Key? If it does not you can try the following:

1 - Reinstall Windows so your COA matches your Product Key (install using your COA as the Product Key) - This is the preferred method by Microsoft, as it will be a fresh copy, void of potential hacked binary files and security loops that may have been created to bypass WGA. We know this is usually not the user preference, but it is the safest method.

The Genuine Advantage Product Key Update Tool is only valid for users attempting to change their current non-genuine Product Key to a genuine COA sticker or genuine Product Key – all without a reinstall! http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=50346&clcid=0x409

Note: This is provided no core system files are corrupted. If they are you will need to complete a clean install of your system.

If your COA does match the product key being used on your system I recommend filing a counterfeit report, it MAY be a high quality counterfeit (which MAY qualify you for a *free* WGA kit) – Counterfeit report is located here: http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/Reporting.mspx

More bad news... your Office is also non genuine. you should go back to your retailer as soon as possible to get this issue resolved.

Monday, October 23, 2006 8:21 PM

All replies

• An Invalid Product Key is one that was illegally generated by a non-Microsoft Product Key Generator.  As a consequence, your Windows XP installation is deemed non-genuine since it was never issued by Microsoft.

In order to resolve your non-genuine licensing issue, please visit: www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on "Validate Windows". When validation fails, you'll see a button to click on (Get Genuine) which will provide information on your options which include how to acquire a WGA Kit.

Also, your copy of Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition is non-genuine (Legit Result: 114). You'll need to uninstall it, then visit a nearby store that sells computer software and purchase a genuine version of Microsoft Office.

Monday, October 23, 2006 6:49 PM
  • sianypops,

The current Product Key being used on your system is non-genuine for one of two reasons:

- The key was made using a non-Microsoft sanctioned Key Generator

- The key was reported lost or stolen from the original purchaser.

Can you verify that your COA matches your Product Key? If it does not you can try the following:

1 - Reinstall Windows so your COA matches your Product Key (install using your COA as the Product Key) - This is the preferred method by Microsoft, as it will be a fresh copy, void of potential hacked binary files and security loops that may have been created to bypass WGA. We know this is usually not the user preference, but it is the safest method.

The Genuine Advantage Product Key Update Tool is only valid for users attempting to change their current non-genuine Product Key to a genuine COA sticker or genuine Product Key – all without a reinstall! http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=50346&clcid=0x409

Note: This is provided no core system files are corrupted. If they are you will need to complete a clean install of your system.

If your COA does match the product key being used on your system I recommend filing a counterfeit report, it MAY be a high quality counterfeit (which MAY qualify you for a *free* WGA kit) – Counterfeit report is located here: http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/Reporting.mspx

More bad news... your Office is also non genuine. you should go back to your retailer as soon as possible to get this issue resolved.

Monday, October 23, 2006 8:21 PM
  •  

Hi Derrick

I am a bit confused as I have just bought a new product key from microsoft as I had the notice saying I had counterfeit windows XP software. Does this mean this was a waste of money?

Siân

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 4:50 PM
  •  

Hi

I have a new product key,I bought recently from microsoft, but I cannot get far enough in the programme to put the new number in.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 5:00 PM
  • If you have a "Full Version" of Windows XP
    Professional, you could use the following utility
    program to simply change the Product Key:

The Genuine Advantage Product Key Update Tool is only valid for
    users attempting to change their current non-genuine Product Key
    to a genuine Product Key - all without a reinstall!
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=50346&clcid=0x409
    Tuesday, October 24, 2006 10:39 PM