none
Email notifications don't always arrive

Question

• Hi, hope this is the right place for this.

In spite of having received several notifications in the past, I don't always get them.  For instance, a recent reply made some 10+ hours ago didn't alert me.  The notification for the thread is set, I checked.

If I've set my email up in my account so I get notifications in one area, I should get them in all, right?  Has there been a hiccup?

Regards,
    Duncan

Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:45 PM

Answers

• No, just another user. I do wonder if there's something wrong with the update system as I haven't yet received an update to say you replied, and I notice my Activity feed isn't showing any of the replies I did today. Additionally I saw another thread from someone else mentioning their activity hadn't updated.

Most likely it'll catchup once whatever the issue is gets fixed.

• Marked as answer by Swatcher Monday, September 16, 2013 12:44 PM
    Sunday, September 15, 2013 7:39 PM

All replies

• I've seen some occasions where alerts can be delayed in arriving though I don't think I've seen 10 hours.

When you say you've setup your account to receive alerts, I assume you mean that if you go into Quick access within forums, and select My Settings the "Always alert me by default when I post" option is selected?

If you go to Quick Access, My Alerts, do you see the thread you're expecting to see alerts from?

Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:37 PM
  • Actually, I hadn't!  Thought I had but I have now.  But I had been ticking the option below the post, the bell icon was showing, the link at the top said "Remove Alert", and I had been getting some of them, so I don't know what was going on, including with this one!

All my expected threads are showing up too.

Are you part of the site admin?

Sunday, September 15, 2013 6:12 PM
  • No, just another user. I do wonder if there's something wrong with the update system as I haven't yet received an update to say you replied, and I notice my Activity feed isn't showing any of the replies I did today. Additionally I saw another thread from someone else mentioning their activity hadn't updated.

Most likely it'll catchup once whatever the issue is gets fixed.

• Marked as answer by Swatcher Monday, September 16, 2013 12:44 PM
    Sunday, September 15, 2013 7:39 PM
  • Have you received the expected updates now? In the last hour I've had a load of updates, including your reply, so I'm guessing whatever the issue was has been fixed.
    Monday, September 16, 2013 5:46 AM
  • Yep, just been inundated so I guess that's case closed.  Thanks for your help.  Duncan
    Monday, September 16, 2013 12:43 PM