none
Forum activity log is no longer updating

Answers

• Hi, the missing activities during 5/2-5/4 are recovering. Please double check and reply us if you still find missing ones.

Better Forum!

Monday, May 9, 2016 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

We've had several threads reporting this issue. I reached out to the forums team on Monday but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Couldn't hurt to shoot off an email to fissues (at) microsoft [dot] com and report it again. Perhaps if they get more reports we'll get some additional information on what's happening.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:09 PM
  • Just did, thanks Mike.
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:11 PM
  • Cheers David, you're welcome. Hopefully this'll be straightened out soon.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:12 PM
  • Yes here as well. Hopefully the missing activity will get backfilled and not just missed.

Blog:    Twitter:   

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:13 PM
  • Yes here as well. Hopefully the missing activity will get backfilled and not just missed.

I've seen both happen in the past. I think the last time this happened all of the activity was simply lost.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:14 PM

I've seen both happen in the past. I think the last time this happened all of the activity was simply lost.

When this happened in past,i always lost all activities points,replys,etc(during the issue)...

Microsoft team extremely sloppy in.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:37 PM
  • Hi,

the activity is recorded and points are assigned again.

But as feared: The points / activity in the last 2 days or so is lost.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, May 5, 2016 5:22 AM
  • Hi,

the activity is recorded and points are assigned again.

But as feared: The points / activity in the last 2 days or so is lost.

With kind regards,

Konrad

really they don't have any respect to labor...pity..

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Thursday, May 5, 2016 8:24 AM
  • Hi Konrad,

Do you know this for sure?

Thanks.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, May 5, 2016 12:13 PM
  • I can confirm that new activity is appearing, but nothing from the past three or four days has shown up in my activity list.

Thursday, May 5, 2016 12:14 PM
  • Hi Naomi,

at least my activity log shows entries again and I got points again (started again about 9 hours ago).
    And I still have no activity entries 3 days ago till that time 9 hours ago (in which I was active and also got replies marked as answers).

Of course I cannot say if the problem was solved for all people.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, May 5, 2016 12:16 PM
  • I can confirm that new activity is appearing, but nothing from the past three or four days has shown up in my activity list.

same to me,all activities was lost for three day...

Thursday, May 5, 2016 12:21 PM

same to me,all activities was lost for three day...

Same here.

Blog:    Twitter:   

Thursday, May 5, 2016 12:30 PM
  • Yes, my activity also kicked in, but all prior activity is not restored. I'm not sure if we can safely assume it's lost or not right now.

It would be helpful to get an answer on this issue from the forum's team in one of the threads.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:51 PM
  • Hi, the missing activities during 5/2-5/4 are recovering. Please double check and reply us if you still find missing ones.

Better Forum!

Monday, May 9, 2016 8:04 AM
  • I don't see any recovery in my activity.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, May 9, 2016 11:54 AM
  • It seems like my activities have been restored (at least some of them, I didn't keep track so I can't say if everything is there or not).

Easiest way to spot the recovered activity seems to be to look at the forum name in the activity list. The recovered items seem to all use the short name of the forum as opposed to the longer display name.

Monday, May 9, 2016 12:05 PM
  • Hi Naomi, so far, Forums and Gallery activities are restored. Blog and Wiki are still in progress. I'll add your list for a check after we restored them.

Better Forum!

Monday, May 9, 2016 1:24 PM

Better Forum!

Hi

Points seems to restored,but answers,replies tab didn't restore yet.

Monday, May 9, 2016 2:05 PM
  • I don't see anything in my Activity that indicates any restoration for me.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, May 9, 2016 3:10 PM
  • I also don't see where any lost activities were restored in my profile. Actually, the activities could be dated too far back, but I don't believe I see where my points would reflect the activity either.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Monday, May 9, 2016 3:42 PM