none
Can't login to Dev Center, MSDN or Technet on certain PC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys, 

I have been having an issue with logging in into MSDN & Technet websites using my Microsoft account.

On my workstation, I can log in to all MSFT services including MSDN and Technet (Windows 8.1 Pro X64). However, on my home PC I can login to all MSFT services (Outlook.com, Xbox.com.. etc) except MSDN and Technet.. whenever I try to login I get redirected a page with the following content (seems to be stuck in a loop):

Set-Cookie: MSPProf=1V!GEXnaGBdsK3jSQ3b09UHTV3z0VndhzPoXRnzal!4ssftpXmFAC6gO6tzuk9f29CSxYbxSReIOO99vbiUzkTloYMgX0BgoziNsFTKSUXS4xLWLLk7kNAMrv29s5HZ7tVpHlGHmgSRfZetf1!12XTjZRuGJPCEwU7SyHogRY1pUTJugtQXIHdYTWOmbxYHWA5uNig58bdbCSWtKQYB9IEZg$$; path=/; domain=.microsoft.com; expires=Wed, 30-Dec-2037 16:00:00 GMT; HttpOnly;
    Set-Cookie: ANON=A=1371DDB30DABEDE924902FF8FFFFFFFF&E=ee4&W=1; path=/; domain=.microsoft.com; expires=Mon, 30-Jun-2014 03:57:05 GMT;
    Set-Cookie: NAP=V=1.9&E=e8a&C=Y88337xMMncXeIvP7uyNaXyXfN7kYqySDLEznzWQ_T7yj33-Pedvog&W=1; path=/; domain=.microsoft.com; expires=Sat, 22-Mar-2014 03:57:05 GMT;
    Set-Cookie: RPSMaybe=; path=/; domain=.microsoft.com; expires=Thu, 30-Oct-1980 16:00:00 GMT;
    Set-Cookie: RPSMCFLS=1; domain=.microsoft.com; path=/; HttpOnly
    X-Info: RPSMCRT-A=ts cleanup;
    X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
    X-Instance: CO109
    X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge
    X-Powered-By: ARR/2.5
    P3P: CP="ALL IND DSP COR ADM CONo CUR CUSo IVAo IVDo PSA PSD TAI TELo OUR SAMo CNT COM INT NAV ONL PHY PRE PUR UNI"
    X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
    X-Instance: CO109
    Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 20:57:08 GMT

<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>
    <h2>Object moved to <a href="http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj150603.aspx">here</a>.</h2>
    </body></html>

My home PC is running on Windows 8.1 Pro X64 as well, I tried different browsers (Opera, FF, Chrome and IE11) to no avail.. 

I appreciate your help.

Sunday, December 22, 2013 9:32 AM

Answers

• Try deleting history in your IE explorer.  Make sure you delete tmp, cookies, and temporary files.  Also make sure your firewall isn't blocking.  Add the URL into the allowable sites in the IE.

Windows 8.1 professional is intended to run on a cooperate network with credentials.  The standard 8.1 is intended for a home environment.  I suspect if you still are having issues there is some setting the is looking for Group Policy that is blocking these sites.

jdweng

Sunday, December 22, 2013 12:19 PM

All replies

• Try deleting history in your IE explorer.  Make sure you delete tmp, cookies, and temporary files.  Also make sure your firewall isn't blocking.  Add the URL into the allowable sites in the IE.

Windows 8.1 professional is intended to run on a cooperate network with credentials.  The standard 8.1 is intended for a home environment.  I suspect if you still are having issues there is some setting the is looking for Group Policy that is blocking these sites.

jdweng

Sunday, December 22, 2013 12:19 PM
  • (seems to be stuck in a loop):

In my case it was getting to the Support site.  Only.  A workaround was to go there without being logged in.  E.g. in IE either opening a window in InPrivate browsing mode (Ctrl-Shift-P) or for a New session (Alt-F i).  However, I figured out later that it was all about credentials.  For some unknown reason the Microsoft Accounts people had decided that mine were no longer good enough but rather than give me any specific clues about what to do about it or why I was continually given this run around.  I would either end up at a page with nowhere to go but create an account or to a Let us help page.  Eventually I tried the latter. 

As usual the suggestion given there was complete overkill: either RIES or Refresh W8.1.  I knew that RIES was unlikely to help because I had already experimented with deleting Cookies, even from Cookies\Low.  Then the suggestion was to try another browser.  This is a new W8.1 so I don't have another one yet.  The suggested contingency if that didn't help was to Refresh W8.1!  E.g. not allow me to help them diagnose their usability problem--that would have cost me a support call.

Somehow it all resolved itself after I changed my passwords on all my accounts.  But I only realized later that I probably could have saved myself all that irritation and (unnecessary) work simply by using the W8.1 Credentials Manager.  E.g. delete there any associations that I had with problem sites and then see if I had a problem with them.  I think what may have really happened is that the rules were changed about password length and mine was 1 character too short.  If that was the problem there must be better ways to inform me about that exactly than subjecting me to all that obnoxious unusability from some of their web sites.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, December 22, 2013 3:04 PM
  • (seems to be stuck in a loop):

In my case it was getting to the Support site.  Only.  A workaround was to go there without being logged in.  E.g. in IE either opening a window in InPrivate browsing mode (Ctrl-Shift-P) or for a New session (Alt-F i).  However, I figured out later that it was all about credentials.  For some unknown reason the Microsoft Accounts people had decided that mine were no longer good enough but rather than give me any specific clues about what to do about it or why I was continually given this run around.  I would either end up at a page with nowhere to go but create an account or to a Let us help page.  Eventually I tried the latter. 

As usual the suggestion given there was complete overkill: either RIES or Refresh W8.1.  I knew that RIES was unlikely to help because I had already experimented with deleting Cookies, even from Cookies\Low.  Then the suggestion was to try another browser.  This is a new W8.1 so I don't have another one yet.  The suggested contingency if that didn't help was to Refresh W8.1!  E.g. not allow me to help them diagnose their usability problem--that would have cost me a support call.

Somehow it all resolved itself after I changed my passwords on all my accounts.  But I only realized later that I probably could have saved myself all that irritation and (unnecessary) work simply by using the W8.1 Credentials Manager.  E.g. delete there any associations that I had with problem sites and then see if I had a problem with them.  I think what may have really happened is that the rules were changed about password length and mine was 1 character too short.  If that was the problem there must be better ways to inform me about that exactly than subjecting me to all that obnoxious unusability from some of their web sites.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Joel's suggestion worked as a charm, deleted all browsing history (Cookies, cache... etc) in IE and added login.live.com to the list of trusted websites... thanks for the chime in Robert and much thanks to Joel for the solution.
    Sunday, December 22, 2013 6:23 PM