Ho to Verify the MCTS- SQL 2008, certificate is genuine or not? RRS feed

• Question

• Ho to Verify the MCTS- SQL 2008, certificate is genuine or not?

One my friend said he completed Exam 70-432: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Installation and Maintenance, how to verify that the certificate is genuine or fake?

is there any Microsoft website available to validate these certificates on-line?

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you pass a Microsoft Exam you get membership to the MCP site.

This gives you access to your Transcript and allows you to provide a link (with password and code) to access the transcript.

This allows employers to varify your certification.

Your friend would need to give you access to this transcript to prove they have the qualifications.

(or you could just believe them :-) )

Kind Regards,

Ozzy Geoff

• Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:30 AM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:08 AM
  • I think that if your friend has really passed exam, then it should have a certificate with his name and surnames, and there there are watermarks which are difficult for forging.
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you pass a Microsoft Exam you get membership to the MCP site.

This gives you access to your Transcript and allows you to provide a link (with password and code) to access the transcript.

This allows employers to varify your certification.

Your friend would need to give you access to this transcript to prove they have the qualifications.

(or you could just believe them :-) )

Kind Regards,

Ozzy Geoff

• Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:08 AM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:08 AM
  • I think that if your friend has really passed exam, then it should have a certificate with his name and surnames, and there there are watermarks which are difficult for forging.
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:38 AM
  • Microsoft do not automtically provide certificates any more, as part of a green policy.

You can order certificates (for a fee) or print them out from the MCP site, so a poor quality copy does not mean it is a forged and you would not necessarily have a watermark.

Kind Regards,

Ozzy Geoff

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:25 PM
  • Just I think, that hardly someone will risk to forge certificates. If to ask the Man to show the certificate and it it will show, this sufficient as, it seems to me, acknowledgement of that it has passed exam.
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 1:23 PM
  • You have more faith in people than me.  If I am employing someone and they have certificates on their resume/cv I expect a transcript link, Transcript ID and Access Code which clearly links to them.  I like to find out early if I cannot trust soneone.
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 1:43 PM
  • Yes, I think that, you are right. All the same most exact is viewing a transcript.
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:41 AM