Update account fields when email is created RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a workflow for when an email is created which updates 2 fields on the account (last activity and last activity time)

This works fine when the "regarding" field of the email is an account, but not if its a quote or opportunity etc. Ideally is this instance I still want to update the account which is related to the quote/opportunity with this info.

How can I do this?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:03 PM

Answers

• You can do the update quite easily by selecting update in action. In the box remove quote and select Potential Customer(Account). Click Set Properties box now you are updating Account. You can update dynamic values from quote.
    Regards Faisal
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:41 PM

All replies

• You have trigger the workflow on say quote entity. Select the action as send email. Delete the regarding Quote(Quote) and in the Look for select Potential Custormer (Account). In the bottom picklist you will find Account Click Add and OK now the reagarding field is populated with the Account on the quote.
    Regards Faisal
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:14 PM
  • Thanks for your help, but not clear exactly what you mean?

For example if I create a workflow on the quote entity I only have choice of Record Created, Record Status Changed etc - no Send Email

Could you explain?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:24 PM
  • Are you checking under Actions. Which version of CRM do you have crm 3.0 or 4.0? Are you using admin credentials. If send email is not available than check your security role
    Regards Faisal
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:31 PM
  • Yes, I have the options send an email from a workflow.

But I want to update the account, when a user creates/sends an email from within the system.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:18 PM
  • You can do the update quite easily by selecting update in action. In the box remove quote and select Potential Customer(Account). Click Set Properties box now you are updating Account. You can update dynamic values from quote.
    Regards Faisal
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:41 PM