Is Window.location.reload(true)? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

Is Window.location.reload(true) to refresh a form supported by Microsoft?

Sunday, November 24, 2013 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In dynamics CRM SDK there is no detail available for this window.location.reload(true).

So, this is unsupported.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !!!
    Vikram Singh. !!!  My Blog

Monday, November 25, 2013 2:33 AM
  • Hi ,

Its a Browser script code to reload the current located Window. It will work in multiple browsers.

In C#.Net we may use the window.loaction.reload() is as follows.

If the changed cookie value does not require a server post back then 
    window.location.reload( false );

If the changed cookie value is used by Server Side code to generate the page you will require a server post back thus passing true to method 
    window.location.reload( true);

Firefox has issues refreshing the page using JavaScript window.location.reload().  A work around is to use document.location.reload().

Hope it may helps you.

Warm Regards, Suresh Kumar D

Monday, November 25, 2013 3:42 AM
  • Thank you for your replies . I am just trying to refresh the form in way that will not violate Microsoft rules so that we will not lose support. I just want to be use a way that is supported. I have searched all over the web and I can not find a definite one. Is there a 100% supported way?
    Monday, November 25, 2013 7:03 AM
  • As I replied on last thread, this is not supported but it will work.

As far as I know, there is no way described in CRM SDK to refresh the entity form.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !!!
    Vikram Singh. !!!  My Blog

Monday, November 25, 2013 7:09 AM
  • Hello,

MS CRM 2013 has some new client api enhancement, that also include to refresh your page in an asyn way, download latest SDK and check it

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Monday, November 25, 2013 9:35 AM
  • Thank you guys :)
    Monday, November 25, 2013 1:09 PM