none
MCTS:ASP.Net 3.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone.

I am preparing to take the MCTS:ASP.Net 3.5 exam after I have passed the MCTS:.Net Framework application development foundation.

I decided to use books for the preparation.Can anyone tell me an approximate estimate time for the preparation for this exam?(how long it usually takes)

thanks.

Sunday, March 6, 2011 7:52 AM

Answers

• First, a clarification: there is no "MCTS:.Net Framework application development foundation". There is an exam on ".Net Framework application development foundation", but it does not provide a MCTS certification. You only get the MCTS after you combine the foundation exam with the ASP.NET 3.5 exam.

As to the preparation time: if you are already proficient at developing ASP.NET applications, then two or three days should be sufficient for preparing the exam. Just go to the "skills measured" tab of the exam description page, and check every point that is mentioned there to ascertain that you are familiar with all of the entries. If there is anyrhing in there that you don't already know, then find some documentation and read a little bit about it.

The preceding asumes that you are already experienced at developing that kind of applications. If you are new and you are starting from scratch, then you are more likely to need one month instead of a couple of days.

Sunday, March 6, 2011 9:01 AM