Windows 7 allow REMOTE ACCESS with home server? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm in the process of updating my entire home network and I'm trying to connect all of the dots before I start purchasing everything. My main question is this: Do computers running Windows 7 provide the functionality of being able to use the remote access function in home server? From what i've seen so far, it only works on certain versions of Vista and XP. Is it possible that UPGRADING to Windows 7 causes you to lose this feature?

If it does work with Windows 7, does it apply to all versions, or just certain ones???

Thanks (this is my first ever post, so please forgive me if i missed anything important)

Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:00 PM

Answers

• I'm in the process of updating my entire home network and I'm trying to connect all of the dots before I start purchasing everything. My main question is this: Do computers running Windows 7 provide the functionality of being able to use the remote access function in home server?

It's still the same for 7 (only certain versions).

From what i've seen so far, it only works on certain versions of Vista and XP. Is it possible that UPGRADING to Windows 7 causes you to lose this feature?

As long as you upgrade to a supported version, no.

If it does work with Windows 7, does it apply to all versions, or just certain ones???

It's just like Vista (only Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise).

Thanks (this is my first ever post, so please forgive me if i missed anything important)
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Friday, November 20, 2009 2:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by TyroneD Saturday, November 21, 2009 2:35 PM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 2:08 AM