Slow performance problem RRS feed

• Question

• I started asking this on a previous thread but it is locked now for some reason, even though a Mod answered me.

Has anything ever been figured out with this program? I am attempting to use it but it is way slow.

My folder is 3.39gig and has 1,441 folders and 35,616 files in it
    Computer is Vista Q6600 processor. The remote folder is on an UnRaid server over a 10/100 network.

I copied the folder to the remote location and then created the Sync folder. Started running a comparison. It has been running for 25 hours and is less then 1/2 done, that makes no sence at all.

Any recomendations on a program that works, I really thought this was exactly what I had been looking for. Well it is, just doesn't seem to work.

I just downloaded this from the microsoft site last night so I asume it is the lastest version. I will have to check tonight when I get home, I left it still running this morning.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 10:52 PM

Answers

• Hi -

Sorry I locked that thread because it was originally started on SyncToy 2.0 Beta version and I wanted people to start new threads for the RTM version.

The size of your data should not be a problem - we have had people use it succesfully on larger data sets. If this is not too hard - can you start afresh?

1. Delete the folder pair you already created.
    2. Delete the files on the remote folder that you have already created.
    3. Create a new folder pair - and now let SyncToy handle creating those files on the remote side for you.

Our FAQ also contains information on how to collect extra information from the logs. If you can post that here for us to take a look at - that would be great as well.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 12:42 AM

All replies

• Got home and the status indicator hadn't hardy moved, but is was on a different folder. Looked at the hard drive is was comparing to and it was spun down, which means that it hadn't even been accessed in atleast an hour. Tried to stop the comparison and it just seemed to lock, couldn't do anything. Hard to end it through the task manager.

It is version 2.0.1
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 12:32 AM
  • Hi -

Sorry I locked that thread because it was originally started on SyncToy 2.0 Beta version and I wanted people to start new threads for the RTM version.

The size of your data should not be a problem - we have had people use it succesfully on larger data sets. If this is not too hard - can you start afresh?

1. Delete the folder pair you already created.
    2. Delete the files on the remote folder that you have already created.
    3. Create a new folder pair - and now let SyncToy handle creating those files on the remote side for you.

Our FAQ also contains information on how to collect extra information from the logs. If you can post that here for us to take a look at - that would be great as well.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 12:42 AM