Home server behind a firewall RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

my home server is behind a hardware firewall/proxy, so everytime I want to connect to the internet, i have to provide a username / password. (which is expected behaviour)....the problem is following : if I want to update my home server from windows update, this doesn't work (the server can't connect, because the firewall block non authenticated traffic.   My workaround for the moment is : take over the home server with remote desktop, connect to the internet (and authenticate), go back to the Home server console, and update....

My question (or maybe feature request) : is it possible to provide a user/password somewhere in the Home Server Console ??

Thnx & greetz

Geert.

Monday, July 9, 2007 7:56 PM

Answers

• No, you cannot currently do this. Please post this in the suggestions forum.
    Tuesday, July 10, 2007 9:18 PM

All replies

• No, you cannot currently do this. Please post this in the suggestions forum.
    Tuesday, July 10, 2007 9:18 PM
  • Thnx....and is there a way to follow up on the suggestion (meaning: how do I know if the suggestion has been taken into account) ??

Greetz

Geert

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:36 AM
  • When the next version starts being trailed....

The team have a long list of wishes, which will be evaluated and prioritised at a later date, after v1 has shipped.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 12:26 AM