none
SyncToy 2.1 scheduled task will not start UPDATE RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been trying to set this up.  My pc is running XP.  My run line looks like the following:

"C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.1\SyncToyCmd.exe -R"

For some reason this will not start through the scheduler.  However, I can execute this from the command prompt.

Edit: This product is just flat out not working.  I select echo as my copy option.  The first sync was good.  However I wanted to test again, so I deleted a set of files in the right folder. When I reran this, synctoy did not recopy the files back.  Can someone please explain to my why this did not work?  The description of Echo: New and updated files are copied left to right. Renames and deletes on the left are repeated on the right.  Considering this is supposed to sync left to right, why would synctoy not check for the existence of a file.  It looks like its just checking the synctoy log to see if it were previously synced.  This looks like a serious flaw in this application

Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:06 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately it seems that SyncToy remembers what it's copied and will never re-copy if they ever get deleted - I have the same problem as you. I know posting this won't help you, other than to know someone else has noticed the same also. I'd like it enhanced in the manner you are looking for, but alas there's only silence from the developers on what's up. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . It's a pity no-one from Microsoft seems to be monitoring this forum, or possibly more accurately posting & helping people.
    • Proposed as answer by schiphol100 Tuesday, September 6, 2011 9:00 AM
    Saturday, May 14, 2011 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

Same problem here. I need to be able to reimport deleted files in the right folder.

Gabriel

Thursday, June 9, 2011 7:17 AM