Can't connect to WHS Console with RDP or with WHS connector RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I can't connect to the WHS console, not with RDP and not with the connector software.

I've try to re-install the WHS remote server connector software (... https:\\server:56000...) but the installation stops while trying to configure the computer backup. On my screen appears the message: "the windows home server backup service may not be running. Restart Windows Home Server, and then restart this wizard again". Of course i've tried to restart the home server and try to install again, but that don't matter.

I can connect to my folders with the explorer.

I have installed a couple of weeks ago the powerpack beta, and i've tried almost any add-in (last add-in Vpop3).

Possibly that causes the problem.

I have a fujitsu siemens scaleo 1900 (with no video, cd, keyboard and mouse), so i have to find out how i can reinstall WHS when i don't get a solution.

Anyone an idea?

Thnx

Sunday, August 3, 2008 8:11 PM

Answers

•  JMPNL wrote:
    Hello,

I can't connect to the WHS console, not with RDP and not with the connector software.

I've try to re-install the WHS remote server connector software (... https:\\server:56000...) but the installation stops while trying to configure the computer backup. On my screen appears the message: "the windows home server backup service may not be running. Restart Windows Home Server, and then restart this wizard again". Of course i've tried to restart the home server and try to install again, but that don't matter.

I have installed a couple of weeks ago the powerpack beta, and i've tried almost any add-in (last add-in Vpop3).

I have a fujitsu siemens scaleo 1900 (with no video, cd, keyboard and mouse), so i have to find out how i can reinstall WHS when i don't get a solution.

Anyone an idea?

Thnx

The documentation that came with your server should tell you how to reinstall WHS.  (Since there is no DVD drive, they must provide you with an alternate solution.)

Sunday, August 3, 2008 9:03 PM

All replies

•  JMPNL wrote:
    Hello,

Anyone an idea?

Thnx

The documentation that came with your server should tell you how to reinstall WHS.  (Since there is no DVD drive, they must provide you with an alternate solution.)

Sunday, August 3, 2008 9:03 PM
  • I found the problem: my external USB-drive.

Removing this drive, was the solution.

Now, i've reconnect the USB-drive again, but the problem doesn't appear again...

Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:25 PM
  • Was the external USB drive connected to the server or the client machine?

Why would this cause a problem to begin with?  It seems rather stupid to not be able to have USB drives connected...
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:58 PM