none
unable to post RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried a couple of times to post on the technet forum.  I sign in, start a thread, click the button to post and it logs me off apparently without posting .  Any idea why that would be happening?
    • Moved by Chris Kilbourn Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:13 PM Moving to proper forum.
    • Moved by Chris Kilbourn Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:13 PM Moving to proper forum.
    • Moved by carlpro Friday, June 13, 2008 3:13 AM Moved From Suggestions Forum
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• it's a known bug with the forums, and it's bl**dy annoying! it's just taken me five minutes of pratting around to be able to post.
    suggest clearing all related cookies and trying again.
    people have been posting about this for months and months, it doesn't get fixed :(
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 8:48 AM
  • I'm unable to repro.  If you do come across steps that repro the problem, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Carl Prothman
    STO Forums - Software Development Engineer
    • Proposed as answer by carlpro Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:49 PM
    • Edited by carlpro Saturday, June 14, 2008 6:12 AM Updated Reply
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 8:55 PM
  • moff said:

it's a known bug with the forums, and it's bl**dy annoying! it's just taken me five minutes of pratting around to be able to post.
    suggest clearing all related cookies and trying again.
    people have been posting about this for months and months, it doesn't get fixed :(

Since you say "months and months", I assume you mean over on the old forums? Are you havig this happen on the new forums as well?
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:33 PM
  • Nothing to 'repro' ... i just type in the box and click on the 'post' button ... next screen comes up and say 'you've been logged out' ...
    Friday, June 13, 2008 2:02 AM
  • hgz48 said:

Nothing to 'repro' ... i just type in the box and click on the 'post' button ... next screen comes up and say 'you've been logged out' ...

Can you give us a URL of where this occurs? Again, there are 2 completely seperate fourm systems. Over the next few months, all forums will be moved from the old to the new.
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Friday, June 13, 2008 5:24 PM
  • This appears to be fixed (by various updates over 3+ years). Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:03 AM
    Owner