CRM menu bar and interface RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have been working with CRM 2013 Feb 2014 and I just cannot get my head around the Menu bar,  it just takes too long to access things, find my way around the system or go back to other related Entity.  

is there anyone else that do not like the CRM 2013 interface or know best way to optimised the tabs to use the system correctly?

PJ Moka

Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:13 PM

All replies

• There are projects like Easy Navigate that can help: https://easynavigate.codeplex.com/  It's also visually consistent with Windows 8, which is nice.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:17 PM
  • Hi,

You can change the navigation to appear in the left side instead of the top. Have a look here : http://www.magnetismsolutions.com/blog/jaredjohnson/2013/09/06/dynamics-crm-2013-turn-top-horizontal-navigation-into-left-vertical-navigation

Or you can try what Wayne provided.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Friday, July 25, 2014 6:49 AM
  • what I don't understand why do I have to use a plug-in to Navigate though CRM 2013?  

Do you think that Microsoft Dynamic 2013 has not been completely finished and it was not ready for market and still not ready?  

why does Microsoft always push out uncompleted application and expect the end users to do the testing from them.

PJ Moka

Friday, July 25, 2014 2:09 PM
  • There is a big difference between a design you don't like and calling it not done.  The design intent is clear, and you can navigate through the system.  However, it's presented as data-forward with little space for navigation. Much the same way that web browsers have constantly been reducing the amount of "chrome" that interferes with actually seeing content.

I definitely agree it can be confusing, and it's no terribly "discoverable", but it does very well for getting work done in individual records, and it eliminates the biggest complaint of navigating in CRM 2011 and older, too dang many windows.  Users got lost in infinite window hell all the time in the old system, so 2013's navigation is also a response to that.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Friday, July 25, 2014 2:48 PM