Yet another problem with activation, sadly. Help would be most appreciated. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I as so many other people, am having problems activating Windows Vista,  Home Basic in my case. I have read many of the answered topics describing how to fix things by "Clicking 'Enter Windows with reduced functionality' and searching for slui.exe 4", but the option is not available, and when I can access  my start button, slui.exe 4 is to be found no where on my computer.

I am incapable of retyping my CD Key because my little brother tore all the stickers off of my laptop. The automated phone option is not available, and when I attempt to validate Vista online, it doesn't work. It told me to run a diagnostics thing, which I did, and it informed me that everything was in order, but when I attempted to validate a second time, the same thing happened.

I am getting a tad frustrated. All I want to do is play Spore (heheh), but whilst my laptop is in this state, I am incapable of accessing my disk drive to install programs. Could someone please help me? This is so incredibly irksome. 

With the greatest of reguards,
                   ~ Jacob L. Brandfas
    • Edited by Triplethink Sunday, November 2, 2008 4:04 AM
    Sunday, November 2, 2008 3:55 AM

Answers