Permission for website use RRS feed

  • Question

  • Can I obtain permission to use maps on a website?

    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:39 PM

All replies

  • Check the EULA but most versions of MapPoint (and I assume Streets&Trips - as I say, check!) allow you to use static images.

    Although theoretically possible, you do not want to use MapPoint's control in a web page because all viewers would need a fully licensed version of MapPoint installed. This is impractical for all but a few intranet situations.

    Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

    Wednesday, June 6, 2012 1:39 PM