CRM 2011 UR14 On-premise Dashboards not rendering properly on Mac OS-X with Safari 6.10 and 7.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Our company has been successfully using CRM 2011 with 60-70 users on the Macintosh platform since early February of 2013 when Update Roll-up 12 released.  CRM is running on the Safari browser and functions very well.  Overall, appearance, compatibility, reliability and performance have been excellent.

Our users have been very pleased with the new setup and CRM experience, and they were migrated from a Windows CRM4 Outlook Off-line Client configuration.

Recently, and immediately subsequent to the release of Mac OS-X 10.9 Mavericks/Safari 7.0 and Safari 6.10, we began to experience problems with multi-section CRM Dashboards not rendering properly on systems with the updated browser. 

• The problem presents as a large empty vertical space (2-3 inches or more) between each horizontal section and sub-section on the dashboard. 
    • Things continue to work fine with OS-X 10.8/Safari 6.05, but systems with Safari 6.10 and 7.0 all seem to have the problem.
    • We are presently running CRM 2011 UR14.

Since Mac browser support is limited to Safari in this version, we're in a bind.  I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas.

Thanks in advance.  Rob

Monday, November 25, 2013 6:03 PM

All replies

• I had this same problem, but only with a few select dashboards. Since it only affected 4 of my 9 dashboards, I just manually recreated the 4 and deleted the original versions. Depending on how many dashboards are broken, this can be cumbersome, however it fixed the error.
    Monday, November 25, 2013 6:09 PM
  • Thank you for the suggestion.  A reasonable idea.  Unfortunately recreating the dashboards doesn't make any difference in our environment.  I've tried recreating Dashboards from scratch both from a machine with OS-X 10.8.4/Safari 6.05 and from an OS-X 10/9/Safari 7.0 machine and the result is the same as the problem reported in my original post.  The dashboards are still messed up and the blank space is more like 4-5 inches.  Not pretty on a Macbook Air.   I've done a reset on Safari and deleted all cached files.  No difference. 
    Monday, November 25, 2013 10:53 PM