Popup dialogue box RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All - before I start I should warn you I am the worst kind of CRM user... got the manual is about it and about 11 days of experience so be gentle with me!!

Ok... well I have just put together a very basic set of tools for the sales guys to use and I am now looking to add a little smarts to it all rather than just an large pot of unstructured information.

First stop is document submission to a sharepoint site when certain options are selected on the opportunities page.  i.e. Customers are required to submit an NDA before we can start to talk to them officially.  So when a 'user' selects the 'yes' NDA button I would like a popup dialogue box asking the user to submit the NDA electronically to our sharepoint site.

Is this possible?  Thanks for your help in advance!

P

Monday, July 1, 2013 1:31 PM

All replies

• You can add JavaScript to the form to handle this:

Something like:

function NDA_OnChange() {
        alert("Please submit the NDA to SharePoint");
    }

Creating A JavaScript Web Resource

Use A JavaScript Web Resource In Your Form

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, July 1, 2013 1:39 PM
  • hmm, that sounds ok but only covers the alert part.. what I also need is if they haven't browse to where the scanned NDA is and submit it to be stored on SP.

Monday, July 1, 2013 2:21 PM
  • That would end up being a bit more complex.

Something like that would probably require something like a custom Silverlight web resource that pops up with a file browser - from there it would use the SharePoint APIs to send the file. 

If you are using the native integration between CRM and SharePoint, just tweaking the alert message to direct them to use the existing functionality would be much less work and expense. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, July 1, 2013 3:14 PM