none
Where are the SMTP Server services, please?

Question

• Hello

Not sure this is the correct forum but can't see anything else.

I use Visual Studio with IIS Express server. I wish to set up and configure the SMTP services so that I can test STMP email scripts.

The SMTP server has to be set up from the Control Panel of my Win 7 PC (Windows Features), under Internet Information Services, but all I can see is this:

Windows Features

There is no reference to SMTP services. Likewise, if I go to Internet Information Services Manager (right-click on Computer and choose Manage), I cannot see SMTP Services, either:

Manager

Thank you for any advice. Please note that I do not have the Windows 7 installation CD (the Packard Bell PC I have came with Windows already installed).

Thank you.

Saturday, November 22, 2014 9:47 PM

Answers

• For IIS I'd ask them over here.

Microsoft IIS forums

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by bluenose_ted Tuesday, November 25, 2014 2:10 AM
    Tuesday, November 25, 2014 1:33 AM

All replies

• Hi bluenose_ted,

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum. I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue, since this forum is to discuss and ask questions about the setup and deployment of .NET Framework.I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 24, 2014 6:13 AM
  • For IIS I'd ask them over here.

Microsoft IIS forums

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by bluenose_ted Tuesday, November 25, 2014 2:10 AM
    Tuesday, November 25, 2014 1:33 AM
  • Many thanks for your reply and the link, Dave!
    Tuesday, November 25, 2014 2:11 AM
  • You're quite welcome.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 2:47 AM