none
Interminable bug of the Century RRS feed

• Question

• I posted this problem months ago and badgered developers to take care of it. After many recriminations and grawling they finally did fix it although it took them at least three forays into the code. Even after the final fix the problem was not exterminated but deminished greatly to a passable level. For many days I would get one instance at best, often none. It is my observation that it is creeping back mightily. Today I've had at least seven instances of this bug, on one occasion trice.

This is so irritating, hard to describe. What would it take for you to finally fix it? As I said there are forums (Hardware Forums for instance) that are completely free of ANY Bugs, and I mean ANY.

Now's the problem: On Eidt when you close the window the edit does not take hold and you have to redo it.

We are talking about technical documentation. I mean many threads present real value as documents for members. I loath leaving my typos uncorrected. Why do we have to cope with your impotence and negligence?

AlexB
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:00 AM

Answers

All replies

•  Oh, gosh. I am unhappy to report that it happened AGAIN. A couple of minutes after I posted this it happened in C# forum.
    AlexB
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:07 AM
  • Yes, I've had this often too (and further I can't see what I'm typing either - see my own thread).
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:29 PM
  • JavaJive said:

Yes, I've had this often too (and further I can't see what I'm typing either - see my own thread).

Where is our own thread?

AlexB
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:10 PM
  •  I think I will consider submitting this bug to the Guinness Book of World Records.
    AlexB
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:13 PM
  • AlexBB said:

JavaJive said:

Yes, I've had this often too (and further I can't see what I'm typing either - see my own thread).

Where is our own thread?

AlexB

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/26a574f6-1e60-4802-a9ef-fb592d257014

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:35 AM
  • Cannot repro. Seems to be fixed. If you can repro, please reply!

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:30 PM
    Owner