WM Market place - you can't download apps to storage card? WHY NOT? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I for one will not be downloading any apps until this issue is resolved.  How come MS did not think of this?  And you can't download CAB files to your PC for transfer?  What gives MS?  I can't be the only only one that wonders why this is?
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:41 PM

All replies

• The only thing I can think of, as Stupid as I agree it is, DRM Rights.   Much Like Verizon...
    B.V.Leone'
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 7:07 AM
  • The only thing I can think of, as Stupid as I agree it is, DRM Rights.   Much Like Verizon...
    B.V.Leone'
    If *that* is the reason, it would be REALLY stupid because you can get ANY of the programs from the developer's site and other sites as well.   This NEEDS to change for Marketplace to be useful at all.  I mean the internal storage on most devices is very limited.
    AT&T Tilt
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:29 PM
    B.V.Leone'
    Despite having heard that before I don't think it is for DRM. Their copy protection solution was just made available to developers yesterday.
    Joel Ivory Johnson
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:03 PM
  • This is really stupid. I totally do not get MS's strategy here, please stop shooting yourself in the foot. The only reason I am not downloading apps from the marketplace is this. I refuse to download any more apps until this issue is fixed. How much on-board memory do windows phone really have? What were they thinking when they restricted the installation to main memory? Sometimes it looks like Microsoft works for Apple by making these really dumb decisions. Give us the option to decide where to install the app.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:00 AM
  • Why do even free applications need to be installed into main memory? It's just insane. I can't buy anything even if I wanted to because there's no space to install them! Seriously, 10 applications and my memory'd be gone.
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 2:32 PM