none
Hint: Select all your text and copy to clipboard before hitting "Submit" RRS feed

• General discussion

• Because of the many times that I have typed an entire answer, clicked submit, only to have it hang on a spinning circle thingy.  Because I then have to press F5 to refresh my screen, losing everything I typed:

I suggest, before you press "Submit", copy your precious time to clipboard, because there's a good chance it won't work, and you'll have to re-type it. 

You know, after the second or third failed attempt to reply to a post, you end up thinking "Why bother, it's just too much hassle"

Maybe a "Copy Content" button aswell as a "Copy Code" button would be in order, until this editor/web-site is more reliable.

Grant Ward, a.k.a. Bigteddy

What's new in Powershell 3.0 (Technet Wiki)

• Changed type Bigteddy Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:20 AM
    • Edited by Bigteddy Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:23 AM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:17 AM

All replies

• I already do this but not because I'm worried about losing my reply, I do it because I'm a bad speller and use Word to spellcheck for me :-).

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:24 AM
  • What makes it even worse is the 10 second delay between clicking "Reply" (for the third time), and when you can actually type. 

I find myself drifting off, getting distracted, and forget what I was going to say. 

This so-called "upgrade" has made working in these forums much more difficult and frustrating.  Were those the design goals?  If so, I don't think MS could have done better.  It wasn't that great before, but at least it didn't have you throwing your keyboard at the wall!

Grant Ward, a.k.a. Bigteddy

What's new in Powershell 3.0 (Technet Wiki)

• Edited by Bigteddy Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:11 PM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:08 PM