Loading one care on second computer RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems loading widowslive one care on my second laptop which is running XP Pro. when I install the installation disk , it keeps coming up reading Get processID   "kernel32.dll  What do I do whenn that happens? I have just a little computer experience. Any help would be appreciated.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:54 AM

Answers

• I am not tech support, just a regular user, but I have using OneCare since its early beta stages in 2005. First is your XP laptop running XP 64-bit? If so, OC 2.0 supports XP 32-bit and Vista 32 or 64-bit, but I don't think the current version supports XP 64-bit. Do you have at least 256MB RAM?

To install on a second machine, you do not use your instillation disk. You use your Windows Live ID (must be same one you used to start a subscription). Installations on the second or third machine are based on an existing subscription. You only need to use your instillation disk when you initially install the product on the first machine (to start a subscription). OC is not a stand-alone product in the sense that a disk cannot be used for subsequent cold installs. Since updates are automated, and not manually downloaded, in theory every new install (AV, firewall, and spyware defs) could be different. By tying each download to an  existing subcription, you are assured of having the most current definitions on each machine, rather than having to manually download updates for each machine (as with Norton LiveUpdate).

Look for install instructions for second and third machines here.

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2974382&SiteID=2

Hope this helps

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 4:34 AM