none
APOLOGY To all my friends.......... RRS feed

• Question

• Ran into a problem trying to set up a web server on Windows 2008 64bit Web Edition. I did not build the server and I won't be able to rebuild it for a couple of days, so the problem may be in the server build. Until then I want to post this question.

In the IIS 7 manager I can set up an app pool running .net 2.0, but when I set up my web site I cannot bring up the ASP.NET area, and none of the .net handlers appear in the Handler Mappings under the IIS area.

I figured something was wrong with the server build (like I said, I didn't build it and I don't have access to the ISO for a couple of days), so I go into  "Turn Windows features on or off", and I found one possible item not turned on,

Windows Process Activation Service
     .NET Environment

Turned that on, even rebooted. No improvement. I'm still getting used to the new interface for add/remove features (aside: why does MS think it's a good idea to completely change the administrative UI with every new OS release?) As far as I can tell, this is what's enabled, and I can't find any likely candidates that I still need to enable.

Features: 3 of 34 installed
    .NET Framework 3.0 Features
       .NET Framework 3.0
       XPS Viewer

Remote Server Administration Tools
       Role Administration Tools
          Web Server (IIS) Tools

Windows Process Activation Service
       Process Model
       .NET Environment
       Configuration APIs

Is the Web Edition OS restricted from implementing .NET 2.0 websites? Any help appreciatiated. thanks.

direct me to correct forum ...
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 4:23 PM

Answers