Mesy sync'ing entire files for file rename> RRS feed

• Question

• I just renamed a bunch of files in my mesh folder in one of the deviecs. Now mesh is thinking the entire file had changed and trying to sync entire files.

Is it had been programmed in such a way?

unBoundEd
    Friday, September 12, 2008 10:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Currently, I'm afraid, that is the expected behavior.  We're definitely aware of a number of ways that we need to improve the sync experience (e.g., having Live Mesh perform "delta syncs", where it only updates the part of a file that have changed, rather than re-uploading/downloading the entire file all over again, is high on our priority list).  Right now, when you rename a file Live Mesh views it as adding a new file, which as you note is far from ideal.

Thanks for bearing with us as we continue to improve Live Mesh,

Ben.
    Friday, September 12, 2008 6:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Currently, I'm afraid, that is the expected behavior.  We're definitely aware of a number of ways that we need to improve the sync experience (e.g., having Live Mesh perform "delta syncs", where it only updates the part of a file that have changed, rather than re-uploading/downloading the entire file all over again, is high on our priority list).  Right now, when you rename a file Live Mesh views it as adding a new file, which as you note is far from ideal.

Thanks for bearing with us as we continue to improve Live Mesh,

Ben.
    Friday, September 12, 2008 6:23 PM
  • Thanks for the reply as, well to my  other post
    unBoundEd
    Sunday, September 21, 2008 5:41 PM