Crash problem RRS feed

• Question

• Validation is not a problem,but,since the wga tool was installed I have had the problem of the computer crashing when other users log-off.At first it was just a case of very slow logging off but after a couple of days it became an issue of 'crash' on log-off.I have UPHClean installed to deal with an existing problem for slow log-off (which worked fine until this download) but now it doesnt seem to have any affect.

After reading all the 'crash' posts I could find, I checked all device drivers and couldnt find a problem.I have trouble believing that this is co-incidence despite that this is what is being told to other crash victims.I have also had 2 stop error crashes while working from my own account but the explanation for the error code displayed does not have any  bearing on this machine.

Anybody got any thoughts?

Friday, June 9, 2006 7:08 AM

Answers

• I forgot to mention that 'system restore' is not an option.Despite the fact that I installed 2 restore points in May, when I went to try 'system restore' these had disappeared and the only restore point was for the 31st of May and the machine would not restore to this point.I have seen other posts stating the same problem.
    Friday, June 9, 2006 7:58 AM
  • Mike22,

Have you tried a repair install?

Thanks,

-Derrick

Thursday, June 29, 2006 7:47 PM

All replies

• I forgot to mention that 'system restore' is not an option.Despite the fact that I installed 2 restore points in May, when I went to try 'system restore' these had disappeared and the only restore point was for the 31st of May and the machine would not restore to this point.I have seen other posts stating the same problem.
    Friday, June 9, 2006 7:58 AM
  • Mike22,

Have you tried a repair install?

Thanks,

-Derrick

Thursday, June 29, 2006 7:47 PM
  • Thanks for response Derrick.The problem appears to have been a software conflict.I actually wound up wiping my hard drive and doing a clean install.I finally narrowed it done to a combination of 905474 and the latest update for my ZoneAlarm firewall.I have replaced ZoneAlarm with another firewall and everything appears to be running smoothly.
    Thursday, June 29, 2006 8:20 PM