Schedule Delayed emails in CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

How can we schedule a delayed Email in CRM 4.0? Is workflow a good option or can we use SSRS capabilities to schedule delayed  email but i suppose it works for Report only?

Cheer

VP

Friday, May 14, 2010 5:10 PM

Answers

• Here is an example for sending a batch of Lead e-mails.

Create the Lead E-mail workflow, set Scope to Organization and select the On Demand option.

First step - Wait 2 Days from Workflow Execution Time - Workflow is at the bottom of the picklist value under System

The condition should be Workflow Execution Time = Workflow(Days: 2 after Execution Time)

The items following the Execution Time = are dynamic values that you select from the right forms assistant in the workflow

Second step - add a Send E-mail step.

Third step - Stop Workflow

Once you get the e-mail properties set, then run the On Demand workflow against one Test Lead record to see if it works as expected.  If it works as expected, waits two days and sends the e-mail, then run it against the other Lead records.  You can also change the value to Wait 1 hour for testing and if that works then set it back to 2 Days for production use.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:52 PM

All replies

• For  Example:

Schedule a List of Lead Email (Activity) to be sent 2 to 3 days from the date of schedule automatically.

Cheers

VP

Friday, May 14, 2010 5:26 PM
  • I'm using a Workflow because it have buildin function wait and timeout. Especially the first one (wait) should be working for you.
    My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Monday, May 17, 2010 9:31 AM
  • Hi, I have used wait condition. But still not able to configure it.  Can u run me through the steps?

Cheers

VP

Monday, May 17, 2010 6:00 PM
  • We have such a feature in our eMarketing addin (www.vizola.com/vem) that uses customisable workflows in conjunction with a few 'helper' custom workflow activities. You can download and install to check the installed workflows. VEM uses standard email templates and allows them to be used in email (quick) campaign activities. By default VEM causes the 'SEND IMMEDIATELY' checkbox to be UNCHECKED and uses the programmed workflow logic to delay/schedule/throttle email sendings.
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:04 PM
  • Here is an example for sending a batch of Lead e-mails.

Create the Lead E-mail workflow, set Scope to Organization and select the On Demand option.

First step - Wait 2 Days from Workflow Execution Time - Workflow is at the bottom of the picklist value under System

The condition should be Workflow Execution Time = Workflow(Days: 2 after Execution Time)

The items following the Execution Time = are dynamic values that you select from the right forms assistant in the workflow

Second step - add a Send E-mail step.

Third step - Stop Workflow

Once you get the e-mail properties set, then run the On Demand workflow against one Test Lead record to see if it works as expected.  If it works as expected, waits two days and sends the e-mail, then run it against the other Lead records.  You can also change the value to Wait 1 hour for testing and if that works then set it back to 2 Days for production use.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:52 PM
  • Thanks
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:10 PM
  • HI Donna,

Is that free of cost?

Cheers

VP

Thursday, May 20, 2010 10:08 PM
  • yes, workflows are part of the CRM application.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010 12:45 AM
  • Hi Chris,

Is there any free trial available?

Cheers

VP

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 4:53 PM
  • Hi Donna,

I am looking for Scheduled Email delivery without human intervention.  Apart from the resolution which you have given? Is there any way to achieve this requirement.

Cheers

Vinod

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:00 PM