Review Data in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• What is the baset way to review data in 2011 CRM? Currently our staff want review the payments we recieved for month, what was recorded and what was not recorded. Does anyone have any recommendations on which platform would be the best to review the records? Could we pull in the data with an OBDC connection to Access or review the records SQL Server. Any ideas?  
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Supplyside,

If by review, you mean generating a kind of report so that your staff can view and all the information is present in Dynamics CRM; you could quickly generate a CRM out-of-the-box report based on the data (and filter criteria) that needs to be displayed. It's pretty simple to do.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:10 PM
  • What I mean by review is that our staff record payments as they come in on a spreadsheet. Then they recorded the payments in Dynamics CRM 2011. What is the best vehicle to review the hundreds of payments that have come in. I hoping that I can review live CRM data and not export data to a report. I would ideally like the ability to import their spreadsheet to a database to compare live data. The reason is I want the ability to change query or the live data.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:27 PM
  • Hi Supplyside,

In that case, as far a I understood, you can go into the CRM database, generate the query and execute it to see the live data. (However, I wouldn't recommend that as the CRM database  is very sensitive and even a minor change in a field values could cause catastrophic issues in live environment). You could also try using Advanced Find in CRM to query data, in case you don't want to execute reports every time.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:07 PM