Sync Framework with NoSQL Database RRS feed

• Question

• we are developing a multiplateforme mobile application thats support synchronization with NoSQL backend, we are looking if Microsoft Sync Framework 4.0 CTP ca be used to solve all synchronization problems using a non-microsoft backend,

Sync Framework 4.0 allow several devices on any plateforme to achive synchronization tasks by exposing an oData service, this can be done by using Sync Framework Toolkit, but use SQL Server or SQL Azure as backend on service side,

the application we are developing should use NoSQL database server (MongoDB) on its server side and I realy dont know if Microsoft Sync Framework could be used with this DBMS,

if some one have achieved this by customizing Microsoft Sync Framework provider please share your experience,

thanks in advance,

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:54 AM

All replies

• there is no out-of-the-box sync provider for MongoDB, so you will have to write your own.

assuming you can write your own, you will have to modify the Sync Toolkit server side component to replace the SqlSyncProvider with your custom MongoDB provider.

I suggest you check out the licensing of the Sync Framework Toolkit as well. if I remember it right, the client components is on Apache license but the server side is on MSPL.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:47 PM